#

The Mobile Muncher

By. Erich Pfeiffer (AKA Munch Master)

A mobile blog about our culinary adventures around the world. Just like the title says the mobile muncher. I will blog from anywhere we are munching on anything I think is munchworthy ( yes I made that up) news or blog material.

Employees Only

By Munch Master

To all our adoring fans who were on pins and needles (hehehe I crack me up sometimes) waiting for the second half of red hook adventures. I promise I will get back to that right after this post. But we ate at this place called employees only and I thought it warranted a post before the details became foggy. First, I have to tell you I love going to dinner with other foodies. Because we are all adventurous and don't mind sharing, so if everyone orders different meals you get to taste an expansive selection from the menu. So find a group who loves to eat and doesn't mind sharing. Food is always better with good friends. But on to more pressing matters. Employees Only, better know as EO. It is this small, almost unmarked restaurant in the village (205 Hudson). If you venture there you will, undoubtedly, walk past it at least once. I'll give you some help here, look for the tall, well dressed doorman waiting in the shadows. His name is K.C., and as if you are on some VIP list he will ask if you have a reservation and you better be because this place fills up quickly. We were a little early, so Tal and I walked around for a bit. Fast Forward - everyone is finally at the restaurant and we are being seated. The wait staff is in attire that resembles the 50's, which you soon realize echos the cocktail menu, which to say is extensive is the understatement of the evening. So many choices and only one liver...lol...what is one to do...Share with the other foodies..heheheh. Everyone at the table orders different cocktails. I ordered a "Ginger Smash" and after sampling everyone else's, determine mine was the best cocktail at the table. It was fresh ginger and fresh cranberries muddled with Gin if you want the recipe it is here. I highly recommend it. As far as the food, well it was out of this world; from Elk to Rabbit and a rib eye that would make a 12 inch plate look tiny. We had a spread that looked like Thanksgiving. If you have the chance and can get reservations, it is definitely worth it.

Later,
Munch Master

No Comment

Post a Comment