#

The Mobile Muncher

By. Erich Pfeiffer (AKA Munch Master)

A mobile blog about our culinary adventures around the world. Just like the title says the mobile muncher. I will blog from anywhere we are munching on anything I think is munchworthy ( yes I made that up) news or blog material.

Havana Central (22 union sq)

By Erich

I didn't think my first official food post would be on anything other than this past weekends National Buffalo Wing Festival. Little did I know we would eat at this surprising little Cuban restaurant in Union Square tonight.

Caipiroska was the great drink I had. It was a cross between a strawberry daiquiri and a mojito. Now don't misunderstand, I am a purest for some things and a mojito is one, but this was an exception.

Now on to the meal. I had Ropa Vieja with black beans and yellow rice. The shredded beef was great - slow cooked with red bell peppers and a slight hint of mild other flavors. It could have used a little salt, but the house brand garlic hot sauce had just enough salt and vinegar to take care of that. This house sauce was also very tasty on the the fluffy, perfectly cooked yellow rice. You could tell the black beans were not out of a can; they had the slow cooked flavor and a firmness that you only get from properly cooked dried beans.

Now onto Teresa's meal. She had the same wonderful black beans and rice but her main dish, well let me tell you about it - a Cuban Burger that was ground beef mixed with chorizo sausage. What a great idea! It was wonderful and needed no sauce. All in all it was a great impromptu meal.

Now its off to bed.
Erich

No Comment

Post a Comment